Metro Pacific Water (MPW) and Maynilad are proud to announce their partnership with global innovation firm Isle Utilities at the IWA Efficient 2019 conference. The workshop entitled “The 1 Giga-Liters per Day (GLD) Water Efficiency Challenge” will be held on January 17th (Thursday), 9am to 1pm at the Marriott Grand Ballroom.
The session will feature six step-change innovations that can collectively achieve the aspirational target of saving 1GLD, or 1,000,000 cubic meters per day. These solutions include:
- Plugging small pipe leaks using a pea-sized device, without excavation;
- Minimizing water loss during treatment while removing iron and manganese;
- Highly sensitive sensors for monitoring pipeline condition and leak detection;
- Smart metering and behavioral change;
- Satellite and geospatial analytics for intelligent, integrated decision-making; and
- Smart pressure management to reduce NRW and power consumption.
Since 2015, the partnership of MPW, Maynilad and Isle has staged market-leading innovation events such as the Water Technology Summit and Confluence forum. The team has also supported the conduct of collaborative trials for piloting water technologies in the Philippines.